provides state of the art treatment in all fields of Orthopaedic Surgery including Trauma and Accident Surgery, Spine Surgery, Joint Replacements, Paediatric Orthopaedics, Shoulder Surgery, Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy. The department is with a spirited and committed team of senior and associate consultants providing expert surgical care. The facilities provided in the department have been expanding steadily.It is a busy clinical working unit striving to achieve academic excellence from the time of its inception.
- Cervical Microdiscectomy and Fusion
- Cervical Disc Replacement
- Cervical Laminectomy
- Cervical Laminoplasty
- Scoliosis Correction Surgery
- Kyphosis Correction Surgery
- Lumbar Microdiscetomy
- Lumbar Microdecompression
- Lumbar Fusion - TLIF, PLIF
- Spinal Osteotomies
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Vertebroplasty / Kyphoplasty
- Fracture Stablisation Surgeries
- Congenital Anomalies of the Spinal Cord
- Thoracic Spine Decompression
- Spinal Turberculosis
TRAUMA SURGERY SETTING HIGH STANDARDS
- Polytrauma team to enable optimal care of critically injured patients with systemic injuries and multiple fractures
- State-of-the-art Trauma Intensive Care Unit
- Round the clock trauma and emergency services
- Dedicated and experienced team of trauma surgeons
- On arrival anaesthesia (”nerve blocks”) to provide immediate pain relief
- Thorough preoperative planning and a definitive treatment plan for all complex fractures
- In-house avialability of supportive services like Radiology, Neurosurgery, Blood bank & Bone bank
ARTHROSCOPY AND SPORTS MEDICINE
The unit is efficient in performing several complex surgeries of knee, shoulder, hip, ankle, wrist and elbow joint. We have well-equipped operation theatres with experienced theatre staff. All procedures are performed based on current clinical evidence and implants used are of best quality available on par with international standards at a very affordable cost. Apart from good surgical results, post-operative rehabilitation is provided through experienced physiotherapists to get patients back to normal activities. Comprehensive post operative rehabilitation for all Sports and Ligament injuries are guided by an exclusive team comprising of 3 trained physio-therapists.
KEY HOLE SURGERIES - HIGHLIGHTS
Competent Arthroscopic surgical team
- Operation theatre with a dedicated team of surgeons, nurses, and anesthetists.
- State of the art Advanced arthroscopic equipment.
- Specialized Musculoskeletal radiologists and physiotherapists to ensure the best outcomes for the patients.
- Key hole surgeries are performed for knee, shoulder, ankle, hip and wrist joints.
Arthritis of the joints is rising in incidence thanks to our longevity. Arthritis affects the people from having normal mobility. The Joint replacement (Arthroplasty) unit of Ganga hospital helps in alleviating the pain and disability due to advanced arthritis through joint replacement surgeries.
Joints with newer bearing surfaces like ceramic on ceramic, modular hips with larger heads, augments for acetabular defects, rotating platforms for knee, metaphyseal sleeves for bone defects are all performed routinely in appropriate patients to achieve the best functional results in both primary joint replacements and revision arthroplasty.
Our extensive experience enables us to treat complex arthritic conditions with safety and low infection rates. This facilitates the patients to heal and recover faster with fewer post-operative complications.
- Ultra clean, spacious operating rooms, coupled with strict aseptic techniques and highly trained professionals enable results on par with international standards.
- Computer navigated joint replacement surgery is routinely performed for both difficult primary and revision surgeries to obtain perfect alignment consistently.
- Specialized anesthesia techniques (“nerve blocks”) ensure that the post-operative periods are less painful and comfortable for elderly patients and enable early mobilization
- Digital alignment Xrays for specific planning & templating for the most suitable sized artificial joints for each patient
- Latest and time tested high performance bearing implants are used
The Paediatric Orthopaedic division of Orthopaedic surgery provides dedicated care to the musculoskeletal problems of children. Team of doctors, physiotherapists and physician assistants work together to provide optimal care to all the children admitted in the unit. A child is not a 'small adult' the tender musculoskeletal system behaves different from that of an adult. Moreover, they have growth potential which needs to be preserved for them to become mature adults. All these make children so special and thus the need for trained specialists to make sure that they get the best possible care.
Any musculoskeletal problem, be it a congenital deformity (birth defect), a fracture involving the growth plate or an infection can cause alteration in growth and deformity. Timely identification of the problem and right intervention will go a long way in preventing long-term disability. Specialised services of paediatric orthopaedics include pediatric trauma care and hip preservation. Hip Preservation Surgery is a specialty developed to preserve the native hip to its maximum function and postpone arthritis. Femoroacetabular impingement (FAI) and Hip Dysplasia are two leading causes of early arthritis and there are advanced surgeries available now to restore the normal anatomy and biomechanics of hip and thereby preserve its function.
- Trained pediatric orthopaedic specialist to provide optimal care to children.
- Weekly group meetings and scientific delibrations are conducted to facilitate the most appropriate care.
- Exclusive club foot clinics to provide Ponseti method of correctin for clubfoot.
- 24 x 7 pediatric trauma care services enabling appropriate treatment for each child with trauma.
- Special clinics for children with neuromuscular disorders and disability such as cerebral palsy, muscle dystrophy and poliomyelitis
SHOULDER AND UPPER LIMB
- Shoulder and upper limb clinics operate twice a week in collaboration with the plastic surgery and hand department, especially in the management of brachial plexus injuries
- Treatment is focused on conservative measures and restorative techniques through Minimally invasive surgeries, including arthroscopy.
- Surgical options are comprehensive and matched, based on patient needs.
- Joint replacement is employed selectively, when required.
- All surgeries and outcomes are analyzed to improve quality of care and develop new techniques for future applications.
- The Department of Limb reconstructive Surgery provides state of the art treatment in all fields of Orthopaedic Surgery including Trauma and Accident Surgery, Spine Surgery, Joint Replacements, Paediatric Orthopaedics, Shoulder Surgery, Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy